Residential Support Worker
Budwood are always looking to recruit talented suitable candidates.
Location: Bournemouth, Poole, Dorchester and Southampton
Salary: £28,765.00 – £32,068.30 (including sleep ins)
Main Duties and Requirements:
- Experience of working with children and young people as well as understanding of the issues that face young people in care
- Flexibility in your availability as you will be required to work 7 x 24 hour shifts including sleep ins over a 3 week rotation- 09:00am- 09:30am the following day
- Promoting, safeguarding and protecting the welfare of our young people
- Establishing and maintaining positive and trusting relationships with our young people
- To work well as part of a team and must be able to accept direction and guidance
- Encouraging the development of the individual interests of our young people
- Hold Residential Childcare/Families Practitioner Diploma/Children and Young People’s Workforce/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent – or be willing to work towards a required qualification and upgrade to a Level 4 diploma
- Have a full UK driving licence and car as this role will involve travelling.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Be willing to learn
- Be able to work well as part of a small team
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. Your DBS check shall be paid for by ourselves
- Experience with Emotional Behavioural Disorder, Social/Residential Work or Youth Work would be advantageous.
Benefits of working for Budwood:
- A sleep-in allowance of £64 per night
- Up to 6 week’s holiday per year
- All meals on duty are provided
- Company pension
- Access to our Exchange Employee Discount Scheme
- Access to wellbeing programmes via our Exchange Provision
- Comprehensive training programme, followed by a comprehensive and ongoing CPD Programme
- Promotion opportunities
- Monthly clinical and professional supervisions, access to therapeutic support
Click below to view our current support vacancies and apply today!
Job Title: RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER – FULL TIME
Salary: £10.25 per hour/38.5hrs per week plus sleep-in shifts
Location: Dorchester, Bournemouth and Southampton
- Must be over 22 years old.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent or be willing to undertake the qualification.
- To have a passion and commitment towards working with young people.
- To be friendly and supportive, and to have the ability to empathise with a non-judgemental approach.
- To be flexible and able to cope with stressful situations.
- To work well as part of a team and be able to accept direction and guidance.
- To be sensitive to people of different backgrounds and be able to communicate well.
- To be able to manage challenging behaviour, helping to develop self-control techniques.
- To have the flexibility and willingness to work shift patterns which includes weekends and sleeping in duties.
- A Driving Licence is essential, and ideally applicants will have access to a vehicle.